Recreation and Special Events
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, some recreation programs and facilities may be impacted. For the latest updates, please visit the page below:
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
Take time to celebrate June for Recreation month by trying something new! Whether it be an outdoor hike, walking your dog, learning a new skill at home, bike rides, camping in your back yard, building a bird house, gardening – Anything that you can think of that gets you active in your own way. We are so excited for the return of our “New & You” contest grand prize again this year! Sponsored by local business Saltwater Society Charters – the winner of our random draw from all entries will receive a private fishing charter or cruise for 6 guests! This grand prize is valued at over $800!
Join us at our local playgrounds for pop up play days! Hope we see you there!
- Voisey’s Brook Park: 10:30 to 11:30am on Tuesday, June 8th, 2021
- Rainbow Gully Park: 10:30 to 11:30am on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021
- Summerwood Playground: 10:30 to 11:30am on Thursday, June 10th, 2021
We are excited to offer a Goods BINGO for Seniors in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 10. Spaces are limited and all covid-19 safety protocols and provincial health guidelines will be followed.
We’ll be hosting a second Fun at the Field event on Monday, June 14th from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at the Rainbow Gully Softball Field. There will be tons of awesome sports and outdoor play equipment available for families to use, including balls, outdoors games, and toys!
Try something new this weekend in your community! Check out our Orienteering activity from June 4th-11th, 2021 at Voisey’s Brook Park & June 18th-20th, 2021 at Rainbow Gully Park!
A modified summer camp will be offered for residents of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s. The goal of this program is to offer participants socialization while having active, fun, and safe days with their peers. We ask for everyone’s co-operation in following the procedures in place for the summer programs to run successfully and within a safe manner.
A link for ONLINE REGISTRATION will become available on www.lbmcoc.ca under Recreation and Leisure -> Killick Coast Regional Games. You will be required to fill out an online form to register. Registration will begin 9:00 am on Monday, May 31 and will close at 4:00 pm on Friday, June, 11.
Let’s make the most of our extra time at home this year! While it has been a challenging year for everyone due to Covid-19, we hope our Recreation @ Home ideas will help make your time in the house a little more fun. We’d love to see your photos! If you try one of our Recreation @ Home ideas, post a picture on Twitter and be sure to tag us @PCSPnl
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Adult Ukulele Class
- Babysitting Course
- Emergency First Aid Course
- Intro to Painting Classes
- Youth Resume Building Workshop
- Youth Stay Safe Course
Parks & Facilities
Check out our school newsletters for all the latest updates on town events and programs for our local students!