Recreation and Special Events
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
What’s On This Season
Winter is here and so is the 2023 PCSP Winter Carnival! This annual event provides opportunities to people of all ages to get involved and enjoy social and recreation activities during the winter season at several different venues around the Town. Residents are invited to come out, have fun, and take in the cool crisp winter air. The week-long festival typically includes exciting events bingo, skating, sliding, trivia and much more.
Our Winter 2023 Fitness and Programs Schedule is here! The Winter Programming 2023 Overview document includes all you need to know about class offerings, including rules, what to bring for each class, what to expect and further information.
The PCSP Library has new hours for the Winter 2023 season! Check out the library page for full details on all events.
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-8000 (ext. 260) or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (Summer)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
Parks & Facilities