Recreation and Special Events
The following changes to our recreation programming are in effect to to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- The Town Hall has now opened for public appointments. In order to enter the Town Hall residents and businesses must schedule an appointment.
- The Recreation Centre remains closed to the public for rentals. However, some recreation programming has resumed.
- All other town building facilities are closed to the public for rentals until further notice. This includes the Library and Park Huts.
- The following park facilities are now open:
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
We are pleased to offer a range of fitness classes and programs for people of all ages!
We are excited to celebrate Family Literacy Day on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021. This year, the theme is “Travel the world together.”
Join us for a fun winter activity with the whole family: a Community Skate at Jack Byrne Arena! This event takes place on Sunday, January 31st, 2021 from 4:30pm – 5:20pm. Pre-registration is required.
Save the date! The 2021 Winter Carnival is scheduled for February 14th to 20th. The events will look a little different this year due to Covid-19, but we look forward to a fun winter celebration week with everyone!
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Adult Ukulele Class
- Babysitting Course
- Emergency First Aid Course
- Intro to Painting Classes
- Youth Resume Building Workshop
- Youth Stay Safe Course
Parks & Facilities
Check out our school newsletters for all the latest updates on town events and programs for our local students!