Recreation and Special Events
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
Join us for Fall Fitness in the Town of PCSP! Grab your friends and come out for a range of unique and challenging classes. There are classes available for people of all fitness levels, including: Adult Fitness, Yoga, Zumba, Tabata, and Seniors Sit n Fit! Contact [email protected] to register or call 895-5671.
Come by the PCSP Library this season for a range of exciting events for the whole family. There’s always something fun happening at the Library! Check out the Library Page for all the details.
If you have any questions, reach out to our Librarian, Elyse, by calling the Library at 895-5655 or email [email protected]
Show off your softball skills with your team at the Annual Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s. This is a mixed tournament with a minimum of four female players per team. All games will be played at Voisey’s Brook Park. For further details, contact Nick Miller at [email protected] or call 895-5661.
The Fall Family Festival is an annual celebratory event featuring pony rides, tractor rides, face painting, games of chance, food, treats, prizes and lots more! There’s something for everyone at this exciting community event on Sunday, October 6th, 2019 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at Rainbow Gully Park.
Guy Fawkes Night is a night steeped in history and tradition, dating back to 1605. Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes Night always takes place on November 5th, the original night of the Gunpowder Plot, and this year will take place on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019. The Town invites the community to come out enjoy a great bonfire, roast marshmallows, and have some
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Classes and Courses this Season