Recreation and Special Events
The following changes to our recreation programming are in effect to to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- All town building facilities are closed to the public until further notice. This closure includes the Town Office, Recreation Centre, Library and Park Huts.
- The following park facilities are now open:
- Facilities to remain closed until further notice:
- Recreation Centre
- Park hut buildings and canteens (except washrooms)
- This year’s summer camps and regatta festival have been cancelled.
- The 2020 Killick Coast Games have been cancelled.
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
There are three upcoming Drive-In Movie events! Check out the posters for full details.
The Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s is proud to announce a new summer 2020 program: Pop-Up Play Days! During this time, there is much uncertainty regarding regular programming, given the situation is ever-changing, we have to be flexible. There are many restrictions in place for the alert levels that we must adhere to in order to offer a program. The goal of this program is offer participants socialization while having active, fun, and safe days with their peers. We ask for everyone’s co-operation in following the procedures in place for these days to run successfully and within a safe manner.
In response to the uncertainties surrounding the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Summer Camps and Regatta Festival. The Town’s annual Canada Day celebrations will be modified to take place virtually. For full details, please visit the page below:
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Classes and Courses this Season
Check out our school newsletters for all the latest updates on town events and programs for our local students!