Recreation and Special Events
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
This annual event provides opportunities to people of all ages to get involved and enjoy social and recreation activities during the winter season at several different venues around the Town. The week-long festival includes exciting events like the favourite community breakfast, card games, bingo, horse and sleigh rides and much more. It is guaranteed that there is something for everyone.
This Our St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social is always a blast! With notable Irish musicians, singing, dancing and great food, our local seniors get their luck of the Irish on! Takes place on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 from 1:30pm-3:30pm at Murray’s Pond Fishing & Country Club. The event includes: Refreshments, Tea/Coffee and live entertainment. $5.00 per person.
Join us for fitness, art programming and more in the Town of PCSP! Grab your friends and come out for a range of unique and challenging classes. There are classes available for people of all fitness levels, including: Adult Fitness, Yoga, Zumba, and Seniors Sit n Fit! Contact [email protected] to register or call 895-5671.
We’re Hiring! Apply now for our Summer and Easter Camp positions. Details can be found at the links below. All applications are due by Friday, March 13th, 2020.
- Easter Camp Employment – Easter Camp Counsellors (Deadline to Apply is Friday, March 13th, 2020)
- Summer Camp Employment – Summer Programs Coordinator and Camp Counsellor Positions (Deadline to Apply is Friday, March 13th, 2020)
- Student Summer Employment – Day Camp Inclusion Counsellor (Deadline to Apply is Friday, March 13th, 2020)
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Classes and Courses this Season
Check out our school newsletters for all the latest updates on town events and programs for our local students!