Recreation and Special Events
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, some recreation programs and facilities may be impacted. For the latest updates, please visit the page below:
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has much to offer its residents and visitors. With annual festivals such as our Winter Carnival and Regatta Festival, there is also have a variety of events every month, including an Environment Fair, Community Awards, and celebrations of the holidays. Please check back as we are always coming up with new ways to celebrate living in this great town in this fantastic province!
Many of our programs require online registration and payment through eServices. If you are a resident and you have not yet used eServices to pay for a program in PCSP, you will be prompted to enter a “sign up key” the first time you use eServices. Please contact Joe Donkers, Accounting Technician, at 895-5666 or [email protected] to receive your sign up key. If you are living in a rental property in PCSP and you are not the registered owner of the home, you will need to sign up as a guest account and you will not require a sign up key.
Upcoming This Season
Try out one of our many exciting classes and courses in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s! There’s something for people of all ages and abilities in our Town. Classes range from Yoga, to Zumba, to Seniors Sit n Fit, and lots more.
We are excited to announce a celebration for National Seniors Day! Our celebration will take place on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at Murrays Pond Fishing and Country Club from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Registration opens on Monday, September 20th for PCSP residents.
Come join us for a fun and active afternoon in Rainbow Gully Park on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021. We’ll have some healthy snacks available and an orienteering course will be set-up for those who think they can find all 10 animal pictures located throughout the park!
Update: The Outdoor Movie event has been rescheduled to Friday, October 1st, 2021. All those registered have been contacted and those wishing to register may do so through eServices. Due to expected fall weather temperatures in October, the outdoor movie on the field has been changed to a Drive-In Movie at Voisey’s Brook Park.
The 2021 Fall Family Festival is set to take place on Sunday, October 17th at Rainbow Gully Park! Stay tuned and check back soon for further details on this exciting community event, which is always an annual favourite for families in PCSP.
Events Throughout the Year
- Best of PCSP Community Awards (April)
- Canada Day (July)
- Community Breakfast with Santa (December)
- Community Clean Up (Year Round)
- Christmas Parade (December)
- Community Tree Lighting (December)
- Easter Party (Spring)
- Fall Family Festival (October)
- Guy Fawkes Night (November)
- Light It Up Green: Mental Health Week (May)
- Regatta Festival (July)
- Winter Carnival (February)
Expos and Fairs
- Bill Churchill Memorial Softball Tournament (September)
- Dory Dash 5km Road Race (July)
- Jersey Day in Canada (November)
- Killick Coast Games (July)
- Gingerbread Contest (December)
- Merry and Bright Contest (December)
- Property Beautification Awards (Summer)
- National Seniors Day (October)
- Regatta (Summer)
- St. Patrick’s Day Senior’s Social (Spring)
- Winter Carnival (Winter)
- Easter Camp (Spring)
- Camp Little Gaffers (Summer)
- Camp Whaddya’ At! (Summer)
- Youth Adventure Camp (Summer)
- Try out one of our many exciting classes and courses in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s! There’s something for people of all ages and abilities in our Town. Classes range from Yoga, to Zumba, to Seniors Sit n Fit, and lots more.
- Classes and Courses this Season
- Adult Ukulele Class
- Babysitting Course
- Emergency First Aid Course
- Intro to Painting Classes
- Youth Resume Building Workshop
- Youth Stay Safe Course
Parks & Facilities
Check out our school newsletters for all the latest updates on town events and programs for our local students!