Budget & Tax Structure
Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Tax Deadline Further Extended
The Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s has further extended the tax deadline, including the deadline to receive a discount on your property taxes. Effective immediately, the deadline to pay your municipal taxes is September 30, 2020. There will be no interest charged during this time and the 5% and GIS discounts will be honoured for this timeframe. This applies to residential property taxes, commercial property taxes, and general business taxes.
The Town Hall remains closed to the public, however, there are several ways you can pay taxes:
- Internet Banking: Payments are accepted through online banking by adding the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s as a payee on your banking website and quoting the account number found on your tax bill. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Pre-Authorized Debit: Payments can also be accepted using pre-authorized debit. Please fill out the form here and email to Joe Donkers at [email protected]. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method to pay your account in full by September 30, 2020.
- Mail in Cheque: Residents can mail a cheque directly to the Town at 1119 Thorburn Rd, Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s, A1M 1T6. Be sure to include your account number with your payment. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card through eServices: Payments can be received using your credit card on the Town’s website through the eServices. Here is the link to the eServices website: https://pcsp.ws.townsuite.com/login
If you have not registered, you’ll need a sign-up key, which can be found on your tax bill. If you need assistance, email Joe Donkers at [email protected]. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card By Phone: Residents can also make a credit card payments or arrangements by calling 709-727-5203. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
Please contact Joe Donkers at 709-727-5203 or [email protected] if you have any questions or require further support.
Council has adopted the Budget for 2019 in the amount of $13,639,326. The following documents break down that Budget and highlight spending for the Town.
Past information of 2018 Budget
Past information of 2017 Budget