Building & Development Services
The Town is committed to the health and safety of our employees while ensuring we continue to provide core services to our residents. As such, we are encouraging residents to email any written planning and development submissions or applications at this time. The Planning & Development Department will continue accepting and processing applications, compliance letter requests and all other submissions through the email address [email protected]. Applications and related forms are available on this page. If you cannot submit your information or applications electronically, please reach out Planning Clerk, Jenine Purchase, at 895-8000 (ext. 225) to make alternate arrangements.
Building and Development services fall under Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Planning and Development department. This department facilitates the following:
- The administration of the Town’s Municipal Plan and Development Regulations
- Zoning and public regulations
- Building permits
- Occupancy permits
- Development control
- Town plan review and updating of the plan
- GIS and mapping
- Environmental monitoring
To speak with someone in the Planning & Development Department, call 895-8000
All Notices will be listed here as they become available.
- St. John’s Urban Region Regional Plan Amendment, Municipal Plan Amendment No. 11, 2021 and Development Regulations Amendment No. 16, 2021 (Old Broad Cove Road East)
Applications and Submissions
We are encouraging residents to email any written planning and development submissions or applications at this time. The Planning & Development Department will continue accepting and processing applications, compliance letter requests and all other submissions through the email address [email protected]. Applications and related forms are available on this page. If you cannot submit your information or applications electronically, please reach out Planning Clerk, Jenine Purchase, at 895-8000 (ext. 225) to make alternate arrangements.
As operations have transitioned to follow Covid-19 safety guidelines, processing times may be affected. Please ensure that you allow sufficient time for processing. We appreciate your understanding and would like to thank all residents for their cooperation during this challenging time.
Processing of Fees
Credit Card through eServices: Payments can be made using your credit card on the Town’s eServices website https://pcsp.ws.townsuite.com/login. For assistance with eServices, please call Accounting Technician Joe Donkers at 709-895-8000 (ext. 260).
Other methods of payment include credit card by phone, bill payments through your online banking, or by cheque.
For any assistance regarding payments, please call the Planning & Development Department at 709-895-8000.
Forms & Applications
- Building and Development Application Form
- Business Development Application Form
- Accessory Building Development Form
- Civic Address Installation
- Compliance Letter Request Form
- General Residential Agreement
Municipal Plan and Regulations
Please be advised that periodically Council may make amendments to the Town’s Municipal Plan and Development Regulations 2014-2024. Below, for your convenience, are working copies of the planning documents with amendments which have been registered and published in the Newfoundland and Labrador Gazette. The original amendment documents can be found at the Town Office.
- Land Use Zoning Map
- Schedule A Definitions
- Schedule B Classifications
- Schedule C – Use Zones
- Schedule D – Off-street Parking Requirements
- Schedule E- Environment Protection Overlay
Subdivision Design and Construction Standards
- Appendix A – Subdivision Development Policy
- Appendix B – Standard Forms and Drawings (Updated Aug 2020)
Flood Zone Information and Maps
- Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Flood Risk Mapping Study
- Technical Appendices – Volume 1
- Technical Appendices – Volume 2
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Climate Change Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Inundation Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Velocity Distribution Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Flood Hazard Floodlines
In accordance with Part VI (APPEALS) of the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000, a person(s) aggrieved of certain decisions of Council may appeal that decision to the Eastern Newfoundland Regional Appeal Board. Information regarding appeals (i.e. what can be appealed, filing and appeal, and results of appeal hearings) can be found here.
- Permits Issued – June 2021
- Permits Issued – May 2021
- Permits Issued – April 2021
- Permits Issued – March 2021
- Permits Issued – February 2021
- Permits Issued – January 2021
- Permits Issued – 2020
- Permits Issued – 2019
- Permits Issued – 2018
- Permits Issued – 2017
- Permits Issued – 2016
For additional yearly permit collections, please contact the Planning and Development Department.
For the Planning and Development overview page, please click here.