Building & Development Services
Building and Development services fall under Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Planning and Development department. This department facilitates the following:
- The administration of the Town’s Municipal Plan and Development Regulations
- Zoning and public regulations
- Building permits
- Occupancy permits
- Development control
- Town plan review and updating of the plan
- GIS and mapping
- Environmental monitoring
To speak with someone in the Planning & Development Department, call 895-5650
All Notices will be listed here as they become available.
Forms and Documents
Municipal Plan and Regulations
Please be advised that periodically Council may make amendments to the Town’s Municipal Plan and Development Regulations 2014-2024. Below, for your convenience, are working copies of the planning documents with amendments which have been registered and published in the Newfoundland and Labrador Gazette. The original amendment documents can be found at the Town Office.
- Schedule A Definitions
- Schedule B Classifications
- Schedule C – Use Zones
- Schedule D – Off-street Parking Requirements
- Schedule E- Environment Protection Overlay
Subdivision Design and Construction Standards
Please click on the appropriate section to view and download the Town’s Land Use Zoning, Future Land Use and Environmental Protection maps:
Flood Zone Information and Maps
- Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Flood Risk Mapping Study
- Technical Appendices – Volume 1
- Technical Appendices – Volume 2
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Climate Change Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Inundation Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Velocity Distribution Floodlines
- 1:20 and 1:100 AEP Flood Hazard Floodlines
In accordance with Part VI (APPEALS) of the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000, a person(s) aggrieved of certain decisions of Council may appeal that decision to the Eastern Newfoundland Regional Appeal Board. Information regarding appeals (i.e. what can be appealed, filing and appeal, and results of appeal hearings) can be found here.
For additional yearly permit collections, please contact the Planning and Development Department.
For the Planning and Development overview page, please click here.