Emergency situations can happen at any time, and we believe everyone should be prepared! Every resident should be prepared for the first 72 hours of a disaster. “Get Prepared” by the Federal Government can help you figure out what you’ll need and your best course of action for your own personal preparedness plan.
Call 911 for all emergency situations that need immediate assistance.
PCSP Fire Chief – 895-1230
Royal Newfoundland Constabulary – 729-8000
Royal Canadian Mounted Police – 772-5400
Newfoundland and Labrador Crime Stoppers – 1-800-222-TIPS(8477)
The Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Volunteer Fire Department cover all of the following:
- Fire Responses – All fires and all forms of fires.
- Rescue – General calls for assistance such as Water/Ice Rescue, Ground Search & Rescue, Structural Rescue, Excavation Rescue and all other forms of Rescue.
- Emergency Code Four Medical – All supporting responses under (HSC) Health Science Centre.
- Auto/Vehicle Extrication – all forms.
- Acts of Mother Nature – Storms, Hurricanes, Snow Storms, Storm Surge/Tsunami.
- Fire Alarm Response.
- Hydro Emergencies – In a supporting role to NL Hydro.
- Smoke Alarm Response – Residential, Commercial, and Industrial.
- Bush and Brush Fires – All forms within PCSP and/or Mutual Aid.
- Police Assist – as requested.
- Ground Rescue – assisting other agencies.
- Hazardous Materials Response. – to the Awareness Level, to assist St. John’s/CBS Technicians.
- Fire Prevention and Public Education.
Fred Hollett and Richard Murphy are our resident fire chiefs, who can be reached at 895-1230 or [email protected].
Click here to visit our Fire Department page.