Details coming soon.
In 2019, the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s (PCSP) joined the Partners for Climate Protection program (PCP). The PCP was established in collaboration with The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) and LCLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI Canada) in an effort to facilitate and aid communities across Canada in their climate adaptation and migration efforts. To date over 350 municipal governments have joined the PCP program. The PCP requires municipalities to commit to working through a five milestone project cycle within ten years of joining. The five milestones outlined by the PCP program are as follows: (To be completed for both community and corporate sectors)
- Milestone 1: Create a GHG emission inventory and forecast
- Milestone 2: Set an emissions reduction target
- Milestone 3: Develop a local action plan
- Milestone 4: Implement a local action plan
- Milestone 5: Monitor progress and reporting results
Further details on the PCP Program Milestones can be found at the link below: