Administration and Finance
NOTICE: Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Tax Deadline Further Extended
The Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s has further extended the tax deadline, including the deadline to receive a discount on your property taxes. Effective immediately, the deadline to pay your municipal taxes is September 30, 2020. There will be no interest charged during this time and the 5% and GIS discounts will be honoured for this timeframe. This applies to residential property taxes, commercial property taxes, and general business taxes.
The Town Hall remains closed to the public, however, there are several ways you can pay taxes:
- Internet Banking: Payments are accepted through online banking by adding the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s as a payee on your banking website and quoting the account number found on your tax bill. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Pre-Authorized Debit: Payments can also be accepted using pre-authorized debit. Please fill out the form here and email to Joe Donkers at [email protected]. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method to pay your account in full by September 30, 2020.
- Mail in Cheque: Residents can mail a cheque directly to the Town at 1119 Thorburn Rd, Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s, A1M 1T6. Be sure to include your account number with your payment. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card through eServices: Payments can be received using your credit card on the Town’s website through the eServices. Here is the link to the eServices website: https://pcsp.ws.townsuite.com/login
If you have not registered, you’ll need a sign-up key, which can be found on your tax bill. If you need assistance, email Joe Donkers at [email protected]. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card By Phone: Residents can also make a credit card payments or arrangements by calling 709-727-5203. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
Please contact Joe Donkers at 709-727-5203 or [email protected] if you have any questions or require further support.
The Administration & Finance Department operates under the direction of the Director of Financial & Administrative Operations. The Town Manager, Director of Financial & Administrative Operations, Town Clerk, Executive Assistant, Accounting Technician and the Administrative Support Clerks carry out the broad mandate of this department.
The Administration & Finance Department’s major responsibilities include:
- Support to Council through research and recommendations, including planning sessions to determine future priorities of Council
- Regular financial updates for Council, and ensuring adherence to budget.
- Carry out tax collection policy
- Tax and property assessments
- Coordination of all Town departments
- Compilation of the annual budget
- Oversee staffing matters, and monitor adherence to the union contract and management policy
- Long-term and fiscal and strategic planning
- General administration of the municipal office
For further information on Administration and Finance in PCSP, visit: