Community Information on COVID-19
As updates on the COVID-19 situation unfold, please hit “refresh” upon visiting this page to view the latest up-to-date information. Thank you.
For more information on the current public health measures please visit the Provincial Covid-19 page.
Current Level 2 Overview:
- The Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. To book an appointment, please call 895-8000 ext. 0 or email [email protected]
- Playgrounds, fields, dog parks, courts and skate parks are now open.
- Trails are open and residents are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors. Please remember to pick up after your pets.
- While outside, please continue to physically distance from those not in your steady 20.
- Garbage and recycling collection is going ahead as scheduled.
- We are encouraging residents to email any written planning and development submissions or applications at this time. The Planning & Development Department will continue accepting and processing applications, compliance letter requests and all other submissions through the email address [email protected]. Applications and related forms are available on this page. If you cannot submit your information or applications electronically, please reach out Planning Clerk, Jenine Purchase, at 895-8000 (ext. 225) to book an appointment.
- The deadline to pay your municipal taxes is June 30th, 2021.
- Regular bi-weekly council meetings have now resumed. These meetings will be closed to the public, but will be live-streamed online through Zoom. Click here for details on council meetings and minutes.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all those entering the town office for appointments and all program participants must fill out the pre-screening form linked below prior to entering.
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
The Town is taking these measures out of an abundance of caution to support current Public Health measures and to help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Information Page (Provincial Government NL)
- Mental Health Resources – Bridge the Gapp (Provincial Government NL)
- Updates on Confirmed Cases in Canada (Canadian Government)
- Self Assessment Tool – 811 Helpline (Provincial Government NL)
- Travel Advisories and Travel Advice (Canadian Government)
- World Health Organization (WHO)