Boil Water Advisory starts Tuesday, December 10th
Please be advised that the Town has issued a Boil Water Advisory that will start on Tuesday, December 10th.
For the latest updates on Water Disruptions and the December 2019 Boil Water Advisory in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s, please visit the page below:
Monday, December 9th, 2019
For Immediate Release
Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s Boil Water Advisory and Water Disruptions scheduled for week of December 9th
The Town will be completing maintenance and repairs on water lines throughout the Town from Tuesday, December 10th – 13th. This is expected to complete all maintenance and repairs that are required and no further water disruptions are expected following this week. During this time the Town will be implementing a community-wide Boil Water Advisory.
Boil Water Advisory:
The Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s has issued a community-wide Boil Water Advisory as of Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 until further notice for those residences and businesses on town water. The Boil Water Advisory does not impact residents whose water comes from wells.
The Boil Water Advisory has been issued as our water distribution system is undergoing maintenance and repairs.
Consumers are advised to boil water that you might ingest to a rigorous rolling boil for one (1) minute prior to consumption.
The town advises residents to boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making ice
- Making juice from concentrate
- Making infant formula and cereal
- Washing Fruits and vegetables
- Making coffee/tea and other hot drinks
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
- Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s office: 895-8000
- Government Service Centre: 555-4321
- Regional Health Authority: 555-6789
Updates will be posted on the Town Website on the following page:
Tuesday, December 10th 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Residents of #71 – #114 Tolt Road will not have access to water during this period of time
- Meadow Heights residents could experience water pressure variations and/or water loss
Wednesday, December 11th 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Residents of #1246-#1308 Thorburn Road will not have access to water during this period of time
Thursday, December 12th – Details to be confirmed.
Please prepare for any water disruptions by having bottled water on hand for drinking, and to fill bathtubs with water to use in toilets and for other household uses prior to 8:30am.
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Portugal Cove–St. Philip’s