Road Closures & Delays Due to St. John’s Triathlon
The 2018 St. John’s Triathlon is taking place on Sunday, August 5th, 2018 at the Rotary Sunshine Park. Due to this event, residents can expect the following road closures and potential traffic delays:
- Closure of Bennett’s Road from 7am-1:30pm
- Closure of the right lane heading west on the Trans Canada Highway (Outer Ring Road) in the following section only:
- Start of right lane closure: From Portugal Cove Road on-ramp (just after Major’s Path intersection where cyclists will leave Portugal Cove Road via the off-ramp to commence riding on the highway).
- End of the right lane closure: Up to and including the westbound Thorburn Road off-ramp where cyclists will leave the highway and ride onto Thorburn Road,
- Reduced speed limits in proximity to all aforementioned sections.
For further information on this event, visit the St. John’s Triathlon website here.