Reminder: 2021 Tax Deadline Extended to June 30th
Reminder: The Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s has extended the 2021 tax deadline to June 30th, 2021. This includes the deadline to receive a discount on your property taxes. There will be no interest charged during this time and the 5% and GIS discounts will be honoured for this timeframe. This applies to residential property taxes, commercial property taxes, and general business taxes.
The Town Hall remains closed to the public, however, there are several ways you can pay taxes:
- Internet Banking: Payments are accepted through online banking by adding the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s as a payee on your banking website and quoting the account number found on your tax bill. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Pre-Authorized Debit: Payments can also be accepted using pre-authorized debit. Please fill out the form here and email to Joe Donkers at [email protected]. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method to pay your account in full by June 30th, 2021.
- Mail in Cheque: Residents can mail a cheque directly to the Town at 1119 Thorburn Rd, Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s, A1M 1T6. Be sure to include your account number with your payment. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card through eServices: Payments can be received using your credit card on the Town’s website through the eServices. Here is the link to the eServices website: https://pcsp.ws.townsuite.com/login
If you have not registered, you’ll need a sign-up key, which can be found on your tax bill. If you need assistance, email Joe Donkers at [email protected]. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card By Phone: Residents can also make a credit card payments or arrangements by calling 709-895-8000. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
Please contact Joe Donkers at [email protected] if you have any questions or require further support.
Please note this announcement regarding the change in tax deadline was originally posted on March 17th, 2021:
Please visit the page below for all Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s updates on COVID-19: