National Child Day – Celebrations All Week!
November 20 is National Child Day in Canada, a day to celebrate the rights of children everywhere to live happy, healthy lives, and to ensure they reach their full potential.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, children and youth have demonstrated extraordinary resilience and leadership. They have been leaders within their families, schools, communities, and even at a national level.
- Pop Up Play Day – Thursday, November 18th, 2021
- Rainbow Gully Park
- 10:30am to 11:30am
- No registration required
- Contact [email protected] for more info
- National Child Day Crafts in the Library – Friday, November 19th, 2021
- Student Challenge – Monday, November 15th to Saturday, November 20th, 2021
- Send your submissions to [email protected] by Saturday, November 20th for your chance to win a PCSP prize pack!
- Grades K-4:
- Create a picture of yourself, your class, or your peers as leaders. Provide a brief description of your art. Get creative and try this activity as a crafted project (ie. from felt, clay, dough, etc.) you are not limited to a paper drawing.
- Grades 5-9
- Write a short story on a youth leader, and what they are doing for children youth in their community!
- Grades 10-12
- Write a poem on what a youth leader is and what they are doing for children and youth!
Check out our plan for the week above or learn more on the National Child Day website!