Municipal Scholarship for Students: Applications Now Open
The Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s is inviting secondary students to apply for the Municipal Scholarship. The scholarship will provided secondary students with $1,000 who are attending a post-secondary institution beginning in Fall 2023. The deadline to apply is March 30th, 2023.
This $1,000 scholarship will recognize a graduating Level 3 secondary student who is a resident of the Town of Portugal Cove – St.Philip’s, and who is beginning a post-secondary institute of their choice in Fall 2023. To be eligible, each applicant must:
- Be a graduating secondary school student, June 2023
- A resident of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s
- Provide an Essay of 500 words outlining (but not limited to) your community involvement, growing up in PCSP, demonstrations of leadership, your choice of post-secondary institution and what influenced your choice for future education and career path.
- Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary institution (if available).
- Letters of support (community groups, teachers, and/or school administrators).
Complete application packages must include the filled in application form and a copy of the student’s transcript.
Applications can be dropped off to Town Hall during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) or emailed directly to Stephen, Scholarship Coordinator, at [email protected]. Applications must be submitted before deadline, March 30th, 2023 at 12 pm NST.