Updated: Deadline for Municipal Taxes in PCSP Extended to Sept 30, 2020
Update: March 25th, 2020
The Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s has further extended the tax deadline, including the deadline to receive a discount on your property taxes. Effective immediately, the Town is deferring all tax payments until September 30, 2020. There will be no interest charged during this time. This applies to residential property taxes, commercial property taxes, and general business taxes.
The Town Hall remains closed to the public, however, there are several ways you can pay taxes:
- Internet Banking: Payments are accepted through online banking by adding the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s as a payee on your banking website and quoting the account number found on your tax bill. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Pre-Authorized Debit: Payments can also be accepted using pre-authorized debit. Please fill out the form here and email to Joe Donkers at [email protected]. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method to pay your account in full by September 30, 2020.
- Mail in Cheque: Residents can mail a cheque directly to the Town at 1119 Thorburn Rd, Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s, A1M 1T6. Be sure to include your account number with your payment. You are eligible to receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card through eServices: Payments can be received using your credit card on the Town’s website through the eServices. Here is the link to the eServices website: https://pcsp.ws.townsuite.com/login
If you have not registered, you’ll need a sign-up key, which can be found on your tax bill. If you need assistance, email Joe Donkers at [email protected]. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
- Credit Card By Phone: Residents can also make a credit card payments or arrangements by calling 709-727-5203. Please note you will not receive the discount if you use this method.
Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) Payments are still available. Please fill out the form here and email with supporting documents to Joe Donkers at [email protected].
Please contact Joe Donkers at 709-727-5203 or [email protected] if you have any questions or require further support.
Original Article: March 17th, 2020
Effective immediately, the deadline for residents of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s to pay municipal taxes for the 2020 year has been extended from March 31st to April 30th. The option for 5% discount on the current 2020 property tax portion only (with payment in full) has also been extended to April 30th, 2020, but please note this discount is not applicable for those wishing to pay by credit card.
We are also recommending that those wishing to pay their taxes do so using our online eServices tool rather than visiting the Town Hall in person. If you have further questions on your taxes or need assistance on how to use our online payment tool, please call 895-8000.
We appreciate everyone’s understanding and efforts at this time as we work together to reduce the risk of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community and province.
For the latest information and updates on this situation in our community, please visit: