2019 Road Closures & Delays Due to St. John’s Triathlon
The 2019 St. John’s Triathlon is taking place on Sunday, August 11th, 2019 at the Rotary Sunshine Park. Due to this event and to ensure the safety of athletes and volunteers, residents can expect the following road closures and potential traffic delays:
- Closure of Bennett’s Road on Sunday, August 11th, from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Closure of the right hand lane heading west on the Trans Canada Highway (Outer Ring Road) in the following section only:
- START OF RIGHT LANE CLOSURE: From Portugal Cove Road on-ramp (just after Major’s Path intersection where cyclists will leave Portugal Cove Road via the off-ramp to commence riding on the highway).
- END OF RIGHT LANE CLOSURE: Up to and including the westbound Thorburn Road off-ramp where cyclists will leave the highway and ride onto Thorburn Road.
- Reduced speed limits in proximity to all aforementioned sections.
For further information on this event, visit the St. John’s Triathlon website here.
Update: Please be advised that in addition to the anticipated closures and delays listed above for the St. John’s Triathlon, motorists are asked to use extra caution on Sunday, August 11th as the 2019 Cycle for Sight will also be taking place. The 50km and 75km routes in this bike ride run through Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s. Route maps can be found on the Cycle for Sight website.