The Commissionaires are a Municipal Enforcement agency and act as our Municipal Enforcement Officers to help keep residents of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s safe. In April of 2017, the Commissionaires entered into a joint venture with the Town of Torbay and the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s to increase the level of security and to enhance a visible presence through in a marked vehicle by patrols throughout the towns. Both the Commissionaires and the RNC have the ability to issue tickets for non-moving violations of the Town’s Traffic Regulations.
Some of the key areas of that the Commissionaires Municipal Enforcement Officers provide support for include:
– Noise complaints (Such as barking dogs, unruly parties and music, and construction after hours)
– Enforcing Traffic Regulations through ticketing of non-moving traffic violations
– School Zone patrols to control the speed limit in these areas
– Working closely with the RNC, to provide information on illegal activity
– Enforcing winter parking ban
– Provide assistance in an emergency to the Fire Department or ambulance through traffic control
The Commissionaires report to the Town Council via the Protective Services Committee. To view the Committee reports, please click here to visit our CivicWeb Portal.
The Commissionaires be reached by calling the town at 895-8000. The Town also has an after hours service, just call the Town at 895-8000 and you will be directed to the appropriate department.