The Commissionaires are a Municipal Enforcement agency working to help keep residents of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s safe. In April of 2017, the Commissionaires entered into a joint venture with the Town of Torbay and the Town of Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s to increase the level of security and to enhance a visible presence in a marked vehicle by patrols throughout the towns.
Some of the key areas that the Commissionaires provide support for include:
– Noise complaints (Such as barking dogs, unruly parties and music, and construction afterhours)
– Illegal parking on Town streets
– School Zone patrols to control the speed limit in these areas
– Working closely with the RNC, to provide information on illegal activity
– Enforcing winter parking ban
– Provide assistance in an emergency to the Fire Department or ambulance through traffic control
The Commissionaires be reached by calling the town at 895-8000. The Town also has an after hours service, just call the Town at 895-8000 and you will be directed to the appropriate department.