Recreation and Community Services
The Recreation Department’s major responsibilities include:
- Providing recreational programming and leisure services.
- Planning & implementing the annual Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Regatta Festival Week and Winter Carnival Week.
- Planning, organizing and implementing community events throughout the year.
- Parks and playgrounds rental, development and maintenance.
- Rainbow Gully Park – a family-oriented recreational park located on Rainbow Gully Road behind the Recreation Centre. This area contains a turf soccer field, softball field, children’s playground, skateboard park, basketball court, trails, and more.
- Voisey’s Brook Park – a recreational park located on Indian Meal Line. This area contains a small and large soccer field, a small breed and a large breed dog park, a softball field, a children’s playground, a skateboard park, walking trails, a basketball court, and more.
The Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s Recreation Centre, located behind the Town Hall, is a multipurpose building consisting of a large open room and a licensed canteen. A variety of different functions are hosted at the Rec Centre, including bingo, darts, and summer programs, and is also available for rental for weddings, showers, parties, etc.
For a list of town events and programs throughout the year, visit the page below:
For a list of Parks and Facilities, visit the page below: