Trailraiser Event for East Coast Trail Association
On Saturday, June 8, the East Coast Trail Association is holding its Annual Fundraising Hike, the Trail Raiser, at the Bay Bulls Regional Lifestyle Centre. This will be a very special event as the Association celebrates 25 years of hard work and untold volunteer hours to create and maintain this spectacular hiking trail!
The East Coast Trail runs through our beautiful town (click here for information on Piccos Ride Path in Portugal Cove), and along the coasts of our neighboring communities and the rest of the east coast region as well. The East Coast Trail gives all of us free and open access to our beautiful coastline, the opportunity to experience the pathways used by our ancestors, and a beautiful wilderness trail that is now the gateway to the Trans Canada Trail.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Trailraiser event!
- When: Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Where: Bay Bulls Regional Lifestyle Centre
- This is the 25th Anniversary year and the goal is to raise $75,000 to help maintain, enhance, and protect the Trail.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 team and individual fundraisers, all registered hikers are eligible for the draw prize(s).
- Five great hikes to choose from: two moderate hikes, one family hike, one long distance hike, and one overnight backpacking hike.
- The hikes will feature Spout Path, Mickeleens Path, and Beaches Path and the Towns of Bay Bulls and Witless Bay.
- The after-hiking party will feature local entertainment, a hearty lunch, a chance to share your hiking experience with others, and superb prizes.