Town Facilities Closed Due to Weather, Tuesday January 10th, 2023
Due to current weather conditions on January 10th, 2023, all Town facilities, including the Town Hall and Library will be closed for the day.
Our snow clearing crews have been dispatched, and recycling collection scheduled for Tuesday, January 10th has been re-scheduled to Friday, January 13th. Garbage collection will continue as scheduled. To ensure safety for all, residents are asked to keep away from snow banks and snow clearing equipment.
The Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s offers the following emergency preparedness recommendations for residents:
- Have a basic home emergency kit and supplies, including food (and pet food), drinking water, prescriptions, first aid kit, battery-powered flashlights, and portable radio.
- Use flashlights, rather than candles and have a good supply of batteries; if you use candles, don’t leave them unattended.
- For those who are on well water, please prepare by filling your bathtubs with water for household use, such as flushing toilets, in case of power outage. Please ensure you have extra drinking water on hand as well.
- Secure any outside items that are a potential hazard in high wind such as patio furniture, BBQs, children’s play structures, garbage bins, etc.
- Charge mobile devices in case of extended power outage.
- Know where your household fire extinguisher, water shut off valve, and electrical panel box are all located.
- Test your smoke alarms to ensure they are working properly.
- Stay up-to-date by monitoring forecast information and local news.
For further information on emergency preparedness, visit:
Helpful Safety Tips and Reminders from the PCSP Volunteer Fire Department: