Deadline to Appeal MAA Notice of Assessment, July 31st, 2020
Did You Know?
- The Town of Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s uses the Municipal Assessment Agency (MAA)’s Annual Notice of Assessment to calculate your 2021 Property Taxes.
- Residents and businesses should have received their assessments on June 1, 2020 and if necessary, you have until July 31st, 2020 to file an appeal with the MAA regarding your assessment for the 2021 tax year.
- We encourage all residents and businesses to review your complete assessment and ensure it is a true reflection of the value of your property.
- If you feel as if your assessment is incorrect, you may:
- File a request for review with MAA by phone at 1-877-777-2807 or 754-1523
- File a request for review with MAA by email at [email protected]
- File an appeal with MAA by July 31, 2020 by following the instructions included on the Notice of Assessment (please note, there is an appeal fee)
For further details on the Budget and Tax Structure in Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s, please visit: