2022 Road Closures & Delays Due to St. John’s Triathlon on Sunday, August 7th
The 2022 St. John’s Triathlon is taking place on Sunday, August 7th, 2022 at the Rotary Sunshine Park. The official race start is 8am from the beach of Healey’s Pond, with events anticipated to be completed no later than 2pm. Please note, there may be some extra traffic in the areas beginning on Saturday, August 6th as preparations and registration begin.
Due to this event and to ensure the safety of athletes and volunteers, residents can expect the following road closures and potential traffic delays:
- Closure of Bennett’s Road on Sunday, August 7th, from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. (This is from the intersection at Thorburn Road to the intersection at Old Broad Cove Road).
- Closure of the right hand lane heading west on the Trans Canada Highway (Outer Ring Road) in the following section only:
- START OF RIGHT LANE CLOSURE: From Portugal Cove Road on-ramp (just after Major’s Path intersection where cyclists will leave Portugal Cove Road via the off-ramp to commence riding on the highway).
- END OF RIGHT LANE CLOSURE: Up to and including the westbound Thorburn Road off-ramp where cyclists will leave the highway and ride onto Thorburn Road.
- Reduced speed limits in proximity to all aforementioned sections.
For further information on this event, visit the St. John’s Triathlon website here.